Sunday, April 10, 2011

Can't wait for college.

Do you ever wake up and wonder if you will do a research project for someone else trying to get their masters degree? Yea I didn't think I would either, but yes. i did.




Yep. That picture pretty much sums up my day right there.


My mom is in the process of trying to attain her Master's degree in music from BYU. She has spent countless hours both at home and down at the BYU library gathering different sources and annotating (summarizing) the sources that she finds.


Her assignment was this... Find 100 sources.. yes, I said 100. Organize them, alphabatize them, and give a one paragraph summary for each source. After all of that, proofread it so there is no errors or mistakes.


The reason I tell you this is because I did this whole assignment myself, for her. She had asked me to help her type a little bit to relieve some stress that she had already been overwhelmed with before all the typing occured. So as soon as she gave me the list to type, i quickly realized that this wouldn't be a "quick type job".


I started typing after church at about 12:30 p.m. and ended up finishing just a few minutes ago at 12:30 a.m.


Yes. I spent half of a day typing a research paper that I won't even get credit for.. The only recognition I got was a few "thank you sweetie" 's from my mom. But that just goes to show you the dedication one must have to get a masters degree.


College. Bring it on.


I just wanted to personally thank my wonderful mother for giving me this amazing opportunity to type for her and get her a passing grade.


Love you too mom.


oh p.s. - She just told me that there will be another assignment that she'll need help with tomorrow.. FML.


I'm going to bed.


Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment